Thursday, April 29, 2010

Message in a (milk) Bottle

I just had my fake IPOD in working condition again. As I cleaned Ponso and Paco’s milk bottles while looking after Paco as he takes his bath, Matisyahu’s Message in a Bottle version played and it made me stop and ponder the meaning of cleaning milk bottles regularly for the past 10 years.

I always look at it as a mundane chore that nobody will do but me, like a dead end, no choice predicament that in times of weariness; make me curse life in general. It is sad. Then it struck me, there are millions of people out there in this earth doing the same thing. I smiled, then started scrubbing again as the newly bathed Paco ran towards the compost pot and dug it like a miner who struck oil. So much for the message, but the dirty milk bottles remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment